9.06.2016

Ideas for Breakfast During School Year



I stay very busy as do all of you! I want to share ideas with you on how we can make yummy breakfast items for the kids during the school mornings. These are very simple ideas but will have your kids feeling very special. I will be sharing this as a series throughout the school year. This will help you add something new to your morning routine for the kids. 

The first tip I want to share is that you should use your pretty items even on weekday mornings. I have always said on my Youtube channel and blog that you should use your pretty things every day.  Putting them out for your family will have them feeling special just like you feel when you use them. 


I love that these ideas work for a child with a hearty appetite and for a child like my son that does not like a big breakfast. The idea is to put something on their stomach to help get them going in a positive way. Also many of the recipes I will be sharing are items that you can make the night before and heat up in the morning. They will just take minutes to warm and serve. 



We are going to start with my Sausage Casserole that is a huge hit in my family. I could make this once a week and my family would be thrilled. It is very quick and easy to make the night before and they heat it up in the microwave for about 30 seconds to a minute and you are set. I like to serve it with a big bowl of fruit to start them off with the balanced meal. 


Here is how you will make this casserole:

You will cook your sausage until browned. Turn off the stove and drain any grease. Quickly put the sausage back in the pan and on the stove but do not turn back on. The pan and meat will still be warm so you will cut the cream cheese into squares and place in pan. Stir until the cream cheese melts and is mixed well. 

Lay the first can of crescent rolls in the bottom of a well sprayed 13 x 9 dish so it looks like one sheet of dough. Spread the mixture over the dough. Then lay the 2nd can over the mixture. Bake at 350 until dough is golden.

If you are making the night before, let it cool and place in the refrigerator. The next morning you can heat in the microwave until warm and serve. 



I love to make muffins the night before so we can heat them in the microwave and serve the next morning. Let me say loud and clear that there is nothing wrong with making your muffins from a box. You do not have to get in the kitchen and cook them from scratch. 

Trey loves warm Blueberry muffins and Lemon Poppyseed muffins. This is another great dish to put fresh fruit with. 




Come take a look below at my step by step video as we plan breakfast for the kids! Be sure to subscribe so you never miss out!


See you in my next post! 


SaveSave
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...