5.24.2016

Little Something Before Dinner- Guacamole Recipe





I spotted these appetizer serving pieces from Homegoods a few weeks ago and I went in to visit a few times in a row and noticed that all four boxes remained on the shelf each time. I really wanted them but I did not want to spend $14.99 for the pack of six. Of course that would have been fine but I also have a price in mind. I went in on a Thursday and all four packs were gone and I immediately knew they must have been moved over to the clearance section------and they were!!!



They are a style like the Blue Willow Design and I just love them. Best of all since they were moved to the clearance section I picked up the pack of six for $10.00. That makes them even more fun to use! 


I also picked up the wood serving tray with brass handles from Homegoods on that same trip. It was only $14.99. When I am not using it to serve appetizers I keep it on my coffee table and enjoy it each day. 



Now lets talk about the Guacamole that I made as a before dinner treat. It is very easy to put together and we really enjoyed it. All you will need for the one I make is:

Ingredients:
2 Avocados
1/4 cup thinly chopped white onion
Juice of 1/2 Lime
1/4 to 1/2 cup of tomato (lay on paper towel and dry tomato off so its not to wet which will break up the guacamole.)
1/2 to 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely minced
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Pinch of Garlic powder


1) Cut the avocados in half and remove the stone, scoop the flesh into a bowl and using a fork, mash it to your desired consistency (prefer mine on the chunky side to creamy side.)

2) Add remaining ingredient and mix well. 


3.) Until you are ready to serve place the stone back in the dip and wrap so it can chill in the refrigerator. 

Serve with Tortilla chips or my favorite which is Wheat Thins and Enjoy! 



This is the perfect treat for family movie night or for when guest stop by to visit. 




I knew I would  have a need for these adorable plates I picked up at TJ Maxx several months ago which were in the clearance section for $5.00 for the set of 4. How cute are they! 




My little silver pineapple in the background is from the home area in H & M which I picked up on a recent trip to New Orleans with several friends from work. 




Hope you enjoyed this post and have a chance to make this yummy. 



 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...