5.14.2016

Lets Have A Tea Party at the Longue Vue House




Its time for a Tea Party! 


Last weekend we took an amazing weekend getaway to New Orleans to help celebrate my Great Aunts 90th Birthday surprise Tea Party. If you have watched my channel for any amount of time I am sure you will know that I have always wanted a Birthday party wrapped around a Tea Party theme. This was a fun opportunity to be part of one as we celebrated her 90th Birthday! 



We started our morning off by stopping by Cafe Du Monde. This is my favorite place to stop and get Beignets. Beignets were brought to Louisiana by the Acadians. These were fried fritters, sometimes filled with fruit. Today, the beignet is a square piece of dough, fried and covered with powdered sugar. They are served in orders of three. They are amazing and I could easily eat two orders with no problem, yes I did just say that! 


Then it was time for the Tea Party. It was everything a Tea Party should be! From the way each table was set up to the yummy menu. My Aunt was just so surprised! 






The property is simply amazing and breath taking. 



The inside of the property is beautiful and they use some of my favorite colors. 


If you have already seen my video then you know I left my Tea Party dress at home which was three hours away. My sweet Eddie offered to drive all the way home and get it but I was very lucky because my parents had not left yet and were able to bring it with them! That was a great save! 


We were all dressed up and ready to have a Tea Party! My boys look so handsome! 



The flower arrangements looked wonderful. My mother had Publix put them together and I thought they were so creative with the tea cups. 






I loved my dress and my red hat was perfect with my blue and white striped dress. Also we did not plan this but Eddie had on his red tie which matched perfectly. 


Every tea party needs a harp playing in the background and I must say this made the setting so beautiful. 


There aren't any rules when it comes to the food, but a standard afternoon tea comprises a layer of sandwiches, a layer of cakes and a layer of scones or teacakes. However, you could also throw in pastries, petits fours or biscuits.



The event was held at the Longue Vue House and Gardens. Here is a little info on the Longue Vue House. Founded by philanthropists Edith and Edgar Stern, Longue Vue House and Gardens is a multifaceted historic estate featuring a world-class house museum and eight acres of stunning gardens that include an unparalleled collection of Louisiana irises in New Orleans and an interactive Discovery Garden for children of all ages.


When we made it home Sunday night I made us a cup of hot tea and we enjoyed our macaroons. This was a very special weekend we will never forget! Take a look below and come on the journey with us! 




See you next time for more great adventures. 



 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...