3.17.2016

Design Blogger Conference Recap | First Full Day




Here is a new and fun look at my first full day of the Design Blogger Conference. 




Well its time for this day to get started and here we are at 6:45 in the morning so we could allow time to eat breakfast. First things first, we must have an Outfit of the Day check in. 



I decided to go with a cream color cashmere sweater and winter white pants. This is a very comfortable outfit which worked great since most of my day would be sitting in a classroom setting. 




Then we were off to the main meeting room which was set up to hold everyone. Be sure to arrive early for the best seats. I felt the room set up was very good but there were some people that had to sit on the back two rows which had no table top support for writing. I loved my seat that I had on this first day. 


The stage was set up in such a great way. You could have option one which would be for an interviewer and a guest balancing questions and answers into the crowd. Then option two was set up for one speaker directing everything to the audience. I would love the idea of both but if I had to pick one it would be set up as an interview style. 





A little background on Cynthia Rowley from her website:

Cynthia Rowley is a leading global lifestyle brand sold in over 60-freestanding collection boutiques, as well as in department, specialty, and online stores worldwide.
Brimming with energy, Cynthia Rowley imbues a sense of adventure in all of her design projects, be it wetsuits or her ready-to-wear. While attending the Art Institute of Chicago (where she had every intention of becoming a painter), Rowley fell into fashion when a local department store buyer discovered her on the train. That initial interest gave Cynthia the confidence to move to NYC where she went on to win the CFDA award for best new talent, became a best-selling author and has appeared on TV shows such as Project Runway, Letterman and The Today Show.
The Cynthia Rowley brand currently includes sportswear and related accessories with additional categories including swimsuits; wetsuits; beauty; Rowley Eyewear, an ecommerce site featuring eyewear collections for both men and women; and ROWLEY, a recently launched fitness collection.
Cynthia lives in Greenwich Village with her husband and two daughters. Her special skills include: go-kart racing, whistling with two fingers and ESP.




Cynthia did a great job and it was fascinating to hear her story. 



These cookies were almost to cute to eat! 


The breaks were wonderful with fresh goodies ready for us. 




How neat is it that he cooked this Banana's Foster right on the counter top! I had so much fun watching him do this. 




Then it was time for a wine tasting. I am not a wine drinker because when I do have something I go for the fun fruity girly drinks. Pineapple being on the top of the list! 



Then it was time for India Hicks to share with us and I loved how funny she is. For anyone that is not familiar with India here is a little background. 

This is information pulled from her bio page on her blog- www.Indiahicks.com


I was born in London, England.
My father was famed interior decorator David Hicks, and my mother is Pamela Hicks, daughter to the Earl and Countess Mountbatten of Burma.
My grandfather was the last Viceroy of India, hence my name.
The Prince of Wales is my Godfather. A wonderful one. But as a tom boy it was hard to forgive being asked to wear that frilly dress as a bridesmaid at his wedding to Lady Diana.
Following school I backpacked around the world for a year. I returned to London, took a foundation course in art, before moving to Boston, to take a degree in photography, graduating unexpectedly with honors.
A fashion magazine featured me in an issue of ‘New Beauties’, which Ralph Lauren saw and subsequently booked me for my first modeling job. A career on the other side of the camera was born.
I now live on a small island in the Bahamas, with David Flint Wood and our five children: Felix, Amory, Conrad, Domino and Wesley, our fostered Bahamian son. We have built and restored 4 houses and a hotel on the island.
I am a passionate horse rider. I also scuba dive, bungee jump, parachute and hand glide, snow ski, water ski and wakeboard. I have climbed into the Grand Canyon, run three 26.2 mile marathon’s and have completed four 100 mile bike rides in aid of charity.
I have published three books: ‘Island Life’, ‘Island Beauty’, and, most recently, ‘Island Style’. Part of the proceeds from these books have been donated to a small non-profit community school in The Bahamas.



Time for more amazing breaks which of course you looked forward to with treats like this! 


Then of course before heading out for our next adventure I had to enjoy my favorite spot right in from top the fireplace. 

Here is a look at my day! Enjoy! 



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...