9.09.2015

William Sonoma Look Alike Marble Serving Tray



This weekend we were shopping and went into William Sonoma. I saw a beautiful marble cutting board and had to have it. With the holidays right around the corner and new it would be the perfect piece to serve all types of items on. The ideas were just over flowing in my mind but then I turned it over and saw the price tag. With a price point of $80.00 I just could not bring myself to purchase it.

On on our way I knew I could recreate it and make a separate one I have also seen in the market. Let me take you step by step on how to make yours. First step is take a look at the video tutorial I have made below.


For the first board you will need:
12 x 12 marble tile from any hardware store. 
ruler
E6000 Glue
felt pads
2 handles

Not the handles are for decoration only and not to pick the tray up with. 



2nd board you will need:

One 12 x 12 in marble tile
4 drawer pulls with a white marble look
E6000 Glue

Again my video will show you all the steps needed.


I love the way these turned out and below I am giving you two different ideas for this tray. Of course there are so many ways you can use these. 


It makes the perfect after dinner hot tea tray for a wonderful after dinner drink with dessert.



Here is a look of some of the examples I saw at Williams Sonoma that I just loved. White marble allows your food to just pop and looks amazing. You can also pair it with any type of china or dish set.


All things white marble. I just love each piece. 





I have placed mine on my hutch in my dining room and its ready for my next dinner party. There are so many ways you can use these and with a price tag of around $10.00 that is much better than $80.00.









I am just not sure which is my favorite! Leave me a comment and tell me which one you like the best!

Also be sure to take a look at the video on how to make your set. Hope you enjoy as much as I enjoy mine!



 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...