9.16.2014

Lasagna Zucchini Boats


I am always looking for a way to make my yummy dishes a little more healthy. This is now one of my favorite dishes and its a keeper!



Lasagna Zucchini Boats


Here is what you need....

2 largeZucchini
1/2 lb Lean ground beef
1 cupSpaghetti sauce

3/4 cupLow fat cottage cheese
1/4 cupParmesan cheese, grated
1/8 tspSalt
1/8 tspPepper
1 tspItalian seasoning
Topping:
1/2 cupMozzarella  shredded cheese



Heat oven to 420 degrees.  Spray a baking dish with Pam cooking spray. Set aside.
Make the  boats by scooping the seeds from center of each zucchini half, using a spoon. Set boats in baking dish, placing them side by side.
     
In a large skillet, cook ground meat over medium heat, until it is browned. I drain my meat and then place back in skillet.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, and seasonings together, stirring to combine.
     
Place the zucchini halves in baking dish. Fill each zucchini with some of the meat sauce mixture, then cheese mixture, then top each boat with the remaining meat sauce and the remaining marinara sauce.

My family loves this dish and asked that I keep it on our Must Have List!

I then placed a head of Cauliflower on a baking pan and sprinkled a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. I roasted it until just crisp and another item that my family loved.

Eating healthy can be GOOD!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...