4.29.2014

Weekly Fitness Update April 26th


Here is a look into the start of my week with staying in line with a healthy lifestyle. Hope you had a great week!

Saturday, April 26th
Lunch- Gumbo cookout contest
Dinner- Out to dinner because we spent the day out and about . I ate 1/2 a hamburger meal with Trey instead of ordering a big meal just for myself.
Workout- I did make my 10,000 steps for the day but not an official workout. We did walk around the Island and shop all day!


The weather was perfect!


Each bowl was a small size which was perfect and allowed you to go to multiple vendors and try their gumbo. You had three different locations to visit by trolley or you could drive your car. At each stop you would vote for one winner.


Perfect day to walk around the Island.



This was our winning choice. It had shrimp and crab meat....yum!


Sunday, April 27th
Lunch- Spicy Shrimp Sushi
Dinner- I like to try a new recipe every now and then on the weekend so I will have something new on hand for the holiday seasons. Today I tried an Apple Sausage Brie Stromboli which I will post  the recipe for later this week. Here is a look below.  
Workout- gym for weights. I worked on legs and back.

I love Sunday and having the opportunity to attend an amazing church service. Here is a picture of us just before service started along with my test recipe.


Fresh out of the oven before I even placed it on a serving platter. The cheese was just running out! This is perfect for a holiday brunch. Now I know this is not on a healthy meal plan but I have not baked in a while and I really needed to do some test cooking.





Monday, April 28th
Lunch - Flat bread healthy pizza from home
Dinner- Homemade taco pie with lean meat
Workout- Weights with legs. I was on my way to the park to run and the storm came in so I went to the gym for weights.

Twisting storm approaching your home would be a very scary text to receive at 2:00am!


Tuesday, April 29th
Lunch- work function but I went light with salad and grilled chicken.

Dinner- homemade taco pie.
Workout- nope :) No workout because of schools and work closing early with the storms! I plan to have a big workout day tomorrow to make up for it as long as the weather is not like last night and we only get 3 1/2 hours of sleep! We had to hide in the hall bathroom several times from 1:30am-5:00am and then get up for school at 6:30!


Question of the week I was asked, Do I step on the scale everyday? The answer is yes, every morning. I think it is so important for me to keep a very tight handle on knowing where the scale is. If I don't look I don't stay focused and its just that simple. With the kind of lifestyle I have with a my work schedule that is never ending and events that I attend there is always food of some kind.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...