4.13.2014

New Car and Dinner Out Weekend!


This weekend was a very exciting time. We purchased a new SUV that I have had my eye on for sometime. I love how far technology has come and all the things this SUV will do.

It has the navigation system which was one of the most important items I wanted. I added the MBrace call feature which is like OnStar. The extra benefit, its a concierge service where you call for anything you need. Example, I called for directions to a shopping outlet. The real person knew my location and found the shopping outlet I wanted. She asked if I wanted her to drop the directions in my system or give me live turn by turn directions. I asked her to send them to the system. She then asked if we needed dinner reservations at any restaurants near that location. Its the little things I notice and love!

The best part was after she sent the directions the system tells you if you are about to run into traffic and what speed the traffic is moving. Example, it told us there was heavy traffic ahead at the tunnel we were approaching and the average speed was 10 mph. It gave us updates as we moved closer. This allowed us to possible take an alterative route if needed. I love things like that!

It also has a feature where you can load the system on your cell phone with an app and if you are at a store and forgot where you parked the app will show you where your car is! Awesome features and benefits. Of course Trey loves the heated seats and Eddie loves his satellite radio.

Here is a look at the ML350 Mercedes Benz which I would highly recommend.











I have to say I just love it! I am ready to jump in and just drive everywhere. We did have a Jeep Wrangler which was fun but the fun quickly ran out. A jeep with a soft top is very HOT in the summer and very COLD in the winter. Its loud and you can never hear the radio, and just taking care of a soft top jeep is a lot. We enjoyed it while we had it for a time but we are very happy with our new car.

I love all the fun goodies they gave us!




Then we were off to our Friday night dinner out. We tried a new restaurant, Lucy B Goode. It was a fun atmosphere and we enjoyed it. Here are few pictures into our night.



Prices were a medium range but you do get small portions.


Trey and I shared a dish. He picked up the shrimp pasta which was very good. This gives you an idea of the portion. End the end its not something you would share but we split our plates so it was fine.


I had the fried shrimp with hushpuppies. I love sharing a dish when you just cant pick one. If you pick this the slaw its very bland and I would not consider it a side item. I was still more than full without it.


The  Gumbo was good and filled with crawfish, shrimp, crab meat, but did have a little to much okra. Its a dark base which I really like more of a lit base but still good.  



I love the setting with fresh flowers and the blue water glasses.


Awesome atmosphere that has an indoor and outdoor feel since they slide open the doors like garage doors. All of the food is caught local and fresh.


The windows were garage doors that open up for fresh air. Gave the restaurant such a fun feeling but it was still cool with the AC. I never like to feel like I am eating outside and we didn't! 


I always love dinner with my love!


Wishing you and your family a fun weekend!




Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...