3.26.2014

Protein Power Muffins Recipe


A local personal trainer told me about these muffins and I wanted to give them a try. I enjoyed them and having them pre-made was easy for an on the go breakfast or a mid day snack. My only suggestion is that you spray your pan like never before because there is no butter or oils to help with sticking. I really mean spray your pan good!




Ingredients
  • 1 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
  • 1/2 banana, mashed
  • 1 1/2 cups, Old Fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder 
  • 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/3 cups milk
  • 1/3 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions
I mash the banana and then combine it with the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then the dry ingredients are placed in a separate bowl. After making sure both are mixed well in the separate bowls I combine the two. I then use a large  scoop and place the mix into the muffin pan.  Spray your muffin pan with cooking spray first really good.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.  I eat these in the morning for breakfast or as a snack during the day. You can heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds to get that warm muffin like its fresh out of the oven.


As you move toward a more healthy lifestyle these are a step in the right direction.


A good healthy snack!

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...