2.04.2014

Homemade Chicken Parmesan Recipe


My blog is going to take start going into more details with my recipes. My daughter is getting ready to move into her first apartment and out of the dorm life which means she will be cooking for herself. This is moms way of being there to help!

On the menu tonight is Chicken Parmesan. This is a dish I have cooked for years and here's how.

I purchase my chicken breast from one of our gourmet style grocery stores when they put it on sale and I buy a lot of it. My husband helps me repackage it into 2 serving sizes as you can see.



Have a large bowl with egg and plate with bread crumbs set up as your dipping station.


Dip your chicken breast in the egg first.


Then dip in the bread crumbs. You can repeat this step for a thicker crust but I only dip once.


Place chicken in small amount of olive oil and brown lightly.


Place a layer of sauce in bottom of dish. I use traditional spaghetti sauce and my family loves it.


Place your chicken breast on sauce. The chicken will not be cooked, you only browned it.


Place sauce on top of chicken.


Then top chicken with cheese and bake 375 for about 20-25 minutes or until your chicken cuts clear. I use chicken breast that have been pound thin so it cooks faster.


Then enjoy!!!

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...