1.20.2014

Fitbit One Fitness Review



I was in need of something to help motivate me because it seems I have been so busy and could not find the time to do anything extra in the day when it came to fitness. It even took all I could do to make it to the gym just to sign the membership papers. This was hard for me to accept since a year and half ago I ran 4 half marathons in one year. How did this happen and where did the fitness girl in me go?

Then I heard Tammy talk about this great new item.....the Fitbit One. I am so shocked because even though my mind is running 100 miles an hour this helped me see I am doing it sitting in my chair! I am not getting any where near what I should be with the correct amount of steps in a day. Now on Sunday evenings I make an appointment each day to get my fitness in. Its a must and my goal now is to get my 10,000 steps in a day.

The FitBit is easy to set up; you just turn it on and synchronize it to the profile you create on fitbit.com. The FitBit tracks calories burned, steps taken, stairs climbed and sleep. The information then synchronizes to your computer and to your smart phone where you can see all of your activity. From the website or the app, you are able to see the FitBit tracking information. You can also log food and workouts making the FitBit the ultimate activity tracker.

The Fit Bit One is small and is able to clip onto on a waistband, pocket, sleeve, sports bra or any place you would like to wear it. Just be aware that wherever you choose to wear it, you will just want to remember to remove it from your clothing as not lose it to the washing machine. Twice I have almost forgot I had it on and put it in the laundry pile. The monitoring fee is included in the purchase of the device as to where some units have a monthly fee. The battery life lasts longer and the wireless technology is convenient.


This is an example of what my daily log looks like. It breaks down steps and miles but also stairs and my real active minutes. At night you wear it on a wrist band and it tracks your sleep.



You can see I went to bed at 10:45 and woke up at 6:52 with 7 hours and 54 minutes of sleep. I did not get up but did move around and was restless 5 times which came to a total of 5 minutes.


Its small and is even programed to show Good Morning Erica! I love that it comes with a small plufg for my desktop computer and an app for my Ipad and Iphone. This allows me to check my steps without having to remove the unit since it is tucked under my clothing. As I am at the end of the day and getting ready to post this its 6:00pm and I have worked hard all day but I am only at 5,000 steps so I need to hit the treadmill and push out 5,000 more!!!

Do you have a Fitbit One and if so do you like yours?
OK, so here comes to the coolest part in my opinion because I’m so darn tired of cumbersome wires: It’s all WIRELESS!
There is NO NEED to plug the darned thing into your computer ever except to charge it, and the charge lasts 5-7 days! I just checked mine and it’s still more than half charged after using it consistently since Friday.
Oh! And there’s a phone app too! Seriously, this thing could not be any cooler.
I’m already an active person. I usually take the stairs, I go for walks with the kids, I try to move as much as possible.  I don’t need a Fitbit. But even I sit for long stretches at my computer, and seeing all this fun data nudges me to move even more. It’s also not letting me deny how little sleep I really do get. Last night was the first night I went to bed before 11 in months and it was partially because I knew I’d see the total hours slept the next morning.
I don’t care if it’s nerdy, I like the darn thing!
Oh, I should note, I have been having some technical problems on their site regarding friends. I sent them a ticket about an hour ago so I’ll see how their customer service is, too.

Read more at http://ronisweigh.com/2013/07/im-in-love-with-my-fitbit.html#iXojyQPVZfUG3eD2.99
While you are wearing it, it tracks all sorts of fun stuff!
  • Steps
  • Calories Burned
  • Distance Covered
  • Floors Climbed
  • Very Active Minutes

Read more at http://ronisweigh.com/2013/07/im-in-love-with-my-fitbit.html#iXojyQPVZfUG3eD2.99
While you are wearing it, it tracks all sorts of fun stuff!
  • Steps
  • Calories Burned
  • Distance Covered
  • Floors Climbed
  • Very Active Minutes

Read more at http://ronisweigh.com/2013/07/im-in-love-with-my-fitbit.html#iXojyQPVZfUG3eD2.99
While you are wearing it, it tracks all sorts of fun stuff!
  • Steps
  • Calories Burned
  • Distance Covered
  • Floors Climbed
  • Very Active Minutes

Read more at http://ronisweigh.com/2013/07/im-in-love-with-my-fitbit.html#iXojyQPVZfUG3eD2.99
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...