1.28.2014

Easy Steak Fajitas Recipe



This week I have been working on easy recipes for the nights you come home after a very busy day at work. This one was very easy and was a big hit with my family. It will be a keeper because it was one of those dishes that seemed like you went to a lot of trouble.


I used a flank steak because its a larger piece of meat and at a great price point. I picked mine up at Target and to make it even better they had a $3.00 off coupon on the package. Always look for coupons even on meat.


I cook mine on a hot cast iron skillet for just a few minutes on each side. You really want it to be at a rare temperature so you can take it off and cut it in strips. Before you cut it let it sit for about 5 minutes so the juice settles.


I take 3/4 cup of water with one packet of taco seasoning and start cooking my onions until they are translucent and tender.


Then I add my steak which you can see is rare. You will find once you place the top on your dish it will finish cooking the steak to a medium rare and also add the taco seasoning favor to the meat. It really was such an easy dish to cook.


To add a little something extra I placed all the toppings in little white ramekin bowls that you can pick up at Pier One. There are so many toppings you can add.

Refried beans
salsa
sour cream
rice
tomatoes
lettuce
olives
cheese


I love to serve mine on white dishes because it really lets the food speak for itself. This recipe was so easy and cost friendly! Hope you will give it a try!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...