8.21.2013

Taking Dallas to the Next Big Step in Life....College!


Dallas was so excited and wanted to leave before the sun came up, so we did! I think we woke up at 3:00am and finished packing. I don't know how we found room for anyone to sit but we did!

Ok everything is in but where do the people sit!!!!


The truck was packed to the very back!



As you can see every ounce of space in the truck was taken with stuff!!! I thought we had to much but when we arrived on campus and saw people with U-Haul trucks I knew we did just fine!

We stopped for a very early morning breakfast and then went right back to driving!


After a great breakfast it was time for a nap! Trey was so sweet to let her put stuff all around him. What a good sport!



 Once we made it to the dorm this was our raw space to work with. We were so excited to get started because Dallas had her vision in mind.

It was so sweet how the sorority girls decorated her door. The start of Rush Week!!!






Here are a couple of photos of us hard at work!



I loved seeing everyone working so hard together! When we were close to leaving Trey sat in her chair and said, "Ok, well I am going to stay here with her to keep her company!" He has really missed her. Its sweet how when someone talking about her being gone he doesn't like anyone to saw it in a way that he might be happy since he is an only child at home. He really misses her!



Now for the big room reveal!!! I can not tell you how happy I am with the way it turned out!

The drapes, area rug, and seating bench really warmed the room.



She had a bed skirt but I really like the look without it.





We are finishing up a few wall pieces but the room just turned out better than I thought!!!

Now for the good byes!

One of my favorite photos!




I have the smartest husband in the world. He is always prepared and when we made it to the car he pulled out tissues so the crying could begin!!!

As we drove home all I could think about is the bible verse :

Proverbs 22:6

6Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.
That would be my biggest piece of advice to any parent. Train your child in the way they should go into the world so when its time to send them off on their own they will turn to the Lord for guidance. I have peace with her being at school because I feel Eddie and I did just this! I know she will always look to the Lord!
My second piece of advice is treasure every minute them!! There is nothing I love more than my wonderful husband, son, and daughter and I show that to them!!!!



 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...