7.06.2013

Cauliflower Pizza Crust While Eating Clean


They say you cant make a change work until you are really ready and I am really ready to eat clean. I am also ready to go back to running, walking, and putting the gym back into my weekly schedule. It's not about weight but about how you feel when you eat right. I can tell my eating healthy is off because I feel sluggish and run down. When your body starts telling you to listen and make a change there really is nothing else to do but make  change.



I tried a new recipe this week and I loved it. Its a Cauliflower Pizza Crust and I had to share it. Its really shocking to see how much better something like a cauliflower pizza crust is for you over a dough pizza crust.

Cauliflower Pizza Crust
makes 1 large crust
Recipe from detoxinista.com but changed to fit my likes.

Ingredients:
4 cups raw cauliflower rice (one head of cauliflower)
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup soft shredded mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
pinch of salt

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 400F, start on your crust.

Step 1: Begin by making your cauliflower “rice.”
Simply pulse batches of raw cauliflower florets in a food processor, until a rice-like texture is achieved. You don't want to over pulse your florets because if its to thin it will run right through your strainer.
Step 2: Cook & Strain the cauliflower rice.
Fill a large pot with about an inch of water, and bring it to a boil. Add the “cauliflower rice” and cover; let it cook for about 3-4  minutes. Drain into a fine-mesh strainer.
Now here comes the secret:
Once you’ve strained the rice, transfer it to a clean, thin dishtowel.
Wrap up the steamed rice in the dishtowel, twist it up, then Squeeze all the excess moisture out!
There is so much liquid that will be released, which will leave you with a nice and dry pizza crust.
Step 3: Make & Shape the dough.
In a large bowl, mix up your strained rice, beaten egg, mozzarella cheese, and spices.
You want it very well mixed.
It won’t be like any pizza dough you’ve ever worked with, but don’t worry– it’ll hold together!
Press the dough out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. (It’s important that it’s lined with parchment paper!) I find making a thin crust is better because it comes out crisp.
Bake for 30-35  minutes at 400F.
The crust should be firm, and golden brown when finished.
Now’s the time to add all your favorites– sauce, cheese, and any other toppings you like. The next time  make this I will be adding miniature pepperoni's and pineapple .

I loved this recipe because you don't feel bloated after eating. I would highly recommend it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...