4.18.2012

Steak Stir Fry


I made the most delicious stir fry tonight that you have to try!


I used ingredients from here and there that I have tried in the past and it was very good. Here is the recipe.

 

  • I used 2 steaks cut into thin strips
  • 3 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 3 tablespoons cooking oil divided
  • 2 cups zucchini
  • 1 cup squash
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules

 

  1. Cut beef into 1/2-in. strips; place in a resealable plastic bag. Add cornstarch and toss to coat. Combine soy sauce, ginger and garlic powder; add to bag and shake well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  2. In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil; stir-fry beef until done to the degree you like, about 3-5 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Add remaining oil; stir- fry squash and zucchini for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add water and bouillon. Return beef to pan. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly
Here are a few pictures of mine along the way. Side note, Publix actually sold the steak cut in the strips and it was awesome! Made it fast and easy.


You can see the way I cut my beef into thin strips. It really helps with cooking.



I kept my squash and zucchini the same size to also help with cooking.



Ingredients for the sauce. This sauce is not a soupy sauce and that's the point. You want this to be a healthy version but still very yummy!



I cook everything in my wok that I picked up from William Sonoma. Its awesome!



I serve with rice and we are set! Enjoy!


 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...