4.26.2012

Snacks During the Day

Snacks During the Day

I am giving very serious thought to starting a training program for a triathlon. I have mentioned before the only way for me to increase my speed on running is to continue to bring my weight down a little more which is still in a very healthy zone if not an even healthier zone. If I take on the training my diet must also follow a very strict program.

To do this I am focusing my attention back on my daily meal plan. I spoke with a nutritionist and she shared great advice with me. I wanted to pass along a few of my snacks that I eat twice a day. I have my breakfast, lunch, and dinner which consist of a protein and carb. The two snacks I have around 10:00 and 2:00.

These are so easy to prepare for the week and making taking my lunch to work is so easy. I also try to stay around 100-200 calories for each snack.



Ideas for snacks are:

  • Zucchini muffins or carrot muffins from low calorie high protein recipe
  • Mojo Bars by Cliff
  • Quaker Chewy Bars with Protein
  • Snack Size Zip lock bag filled with a high protein cereal
  • Cheese stick with a hand full of wheat thins
  • Apples cut up with lunch meat
  • Greek yogurt but I am still adjusting to this one. Right now I am eating light regular yogurt
  • Piece of toast with peanut butter
  • The easiest protein is lunch meat and I add fruit or a yogurt.
  • My favorite is Muscle Milk
Sometimes I mix and match them like today I had an apple and a cheese stick. I was still under my calorie range. I like to try and have a little protein and carb together.
Things that are great for snack but more of a weekend snack because they require a little more work or additional items.

  • Frozen fruit. This could be strawberries or grapes.
  • Egg white omelet with vegetables
  • If I am in the mood for something special I make a fruit and yogurt parfait in a special glasses
  • Protein waffle with sugar free syrup
  • Smoothies. I use pre packaged smoothie mix in the freezer section and a scoop of protein powder
  • Popcorn. You can add seasonings on it for a different flavor. This is more of a munchie snack.
I find that my snacks mixed with protein and a small carb really help me through out the day! Another thing I love about eating this way is I can mix and match everything all thru the day. Any of this can go with breakfast, lunch, or dinner and then I can mix for snacks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...