1.17.2012

Running Tips I Try to Follow

About a year ago I discovered a set of tips that I found to be very helpful. I printed them out and try to follow them and I find they work!

  • I set realistic goals.
  • I keep a workout log so I can see my work and see my misses. I hate to see a miss.
  • I make sure I add a rest day to my schedule and I give it to myself. I don't look at it like a day I missed.
  • I eat 5 small meals everyday. My protein, carbohydrate, and good fat.
  • I have found the routes that work for me where I feel safe. I don't run in neighborhoods, it only took one dog bite for me to learn that.
  • I am patient. I know having just lost 30 pounds its no going to come off overnight.
  • I try to cross train 2-3 times a week.
  • I work my core 3 times a week.
  • I change up my workout so I don't get bored. I just added a hip hop class!
  • I added speed work and hope to improve my 5k runs this year.
  • I have added hills in my weekly workout
  • I joined a local running group and we meet every Tuesday night. Its been a huge help.
  • I have learned that there is no such thing as a bad run, you are still getting out there and doing something!
  • I don't over think my workouts I just get out and do it!
  • I sign up for a race so I have a goal to strive for. I'm already signed up for 4 from now and into March. There will be 2 half marathons and 2 5k.
  • I know there are days I might hit a wall and not feel like doing anything. I let those days past and then I jump back into it.
  • I change my run routes up and add trail runs in to keep it fresh.
  • DON'T COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS! Go full speed for 2012!


I hope there are some points that can help you in your running!
Erica
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...