I recently read someones blog and they talked about the dreaded D word.......DOGS. This had me thinking about safety for runners so I wanted to share somethings that came to mind thats very important to me.
- Be sure to wear reflective clothing or light devices. Its so important that you are seen and stand out!
- I always run facing the traffic so I can see whats coming at me.
- If I am in a high traffic area I turn my music down or just wear one headphone.
- I never just think that cars can see me. People text, talk on the phone, and just dont pay attention.
- I make sure I know whats going on around me. Boy have a learned a lesson from this. One time I was looking straight down while running and when I looked up I had run right into a fight. My music was turned on and I could not hear. Yiks...... Then one time I was in a neighborhood and two dogs charged me and bit my arm. Ouch! One time I wasn't paying attention and turned down the wrong street and next thing I knew I was lost! OK so you get my point.
I hope these tips have been helpful! So I'm going back full speed to training for my half marathon in March!!!
I have a full weekend so I cant wait to share the pictures! Erica